We are loving this new poster created by top researcher Heidi Haavik of New Zealand College of Chiropractic. Dr Heidi is a Phd Neurophysiologist and a Chiropractor and has an interest in studying the effects of Chiropractic on patients. Check out how she explains how chiropractic works:
- Conditions that cause troublesome symptoms don’t appear out of thin air, they build up over time like the straws on a camel’s back. Only when you reach 1000 straws does the camel’s back break and you feel symptoms.
- A chiropractor checks your spine for joint dysfunction: a part of your spine that is not moving or functioning normally. This is called a subluxation and it interferes with normal brain function.
- Our brain continuously monitors and integrates sensory information from around the body to accurately perform movements. This integration of sensory information to perform motor commands is known as sensorimotor integration.
- Spinal function impacts communication between the brain, the body and the environment.It can have an impact on how accurately the brain is able to perceive what is going on and respond.
- If spinal segments are moving too much this causes background noise for the brain. If they don’t move enough, the brain doesn’t get adequate information about what’s happening in the spine.
- A chiropractor gently adjusts dysfunctional spinal segments to restore appropriate spinal movement. For the brain this is like rebooting a computer.
- This clears up communication between the brain and the body, leading to better function, less accidents and a healthier you!
Call us for an appointment on 020 8878 7887 and see how Chiropractic can help you today
From Julian & the Team at Barnes Chiropractic Healthcare
When You Need A Personalised Approach to Your Health
Barnes, Richmond and the surrounding areas in South West London